- Alarm goes off at 0400
- slowly rise out of bed to a guided meditation (yogawakeup app.) ->check it!
- wash eyes/face/mouth
- drink a warm glass of water
- oil pulling for 20 minutes (coconut is my fav! sesame oil is ideal for fall)
- drink a steamy bowl of matcha tea while reading spiritual books (Inside the Yoga Sutras by Jaganath Carrera - read it twice already)
- eliminate (this is a must!)
- off to yoga!
- practice for 1 1/2-2 hours (ashtanga is transformative!)
by this time I have been awake >4 hours looking forward to a healthy cooling breakfast. here is what I create after a sweaty practice-
post-yoga acai bowl:
1 pack of frozen acai puree
1/4 c coconut H20
1 oz granola (*TSATB coconut granola is the best ;)
organic frozen strawberries
organic frozen blueberries
1 apple banana
your favorite fresh fruits chopped (i.e.: strawberries, blueberries, banana, peach, grapes, kiwi)
1 1/2 t raw organic honey
directions: blend acai, frozen blueberries, frozen strawberries, coconut H2O, and banana. Transfer to a bowl and top w/ granola. Arrange fresh fruit on top to create a cute mandala. Drizzle w/ raw honey. Optional: sprinkle bee pollen, hemp, and/or goji berries for an added dose of longevity. Mindfully spoon in each bite w/ gratitude for the plants, bees, trees, earth, sun, moon, you, and last but not least the hands that lovingly mixed and baked your granola :)
w/ love, the stick.
*the stick and the ball